Culpeo Minerals - Sponsors SMC
The Company is exploring and developing high grade copper systems in the coastal Cordillera region of Chile.
The Company has recently acquired the Lana Corina Project situated in the Coquimbo region of Chile, where near surface breccia hosted high-grade copper mineralisation has been intersected in multiple diamond drill holes including:
- 169m @ 1.08% Cu and 225ppm Mo in CMLCD010 from 239m;
- 173m @ 1.05% Cu & 50ppm Mo in CMLCD003 from 313m;
- 89m @ 1.06% Cu & 145ppm Mo in CMLCD005 from 302.1m;
- 257m @ 0.95% Cu & 81ppm Mo in CMLCD002 from 170m;
- 104m @ 0.74% Cu & 73ppm Mo in CMLCD001 from 155m;
High grade zones include:
- 23m @ 1.46% Cu and 62ppm Mo in CMLCD010 from 284m;
- 26m @ 1.43% Cu and 47ppm Mo in CMLCD010 from 336m;
- 1m @ 3.56% Cu in CMLCD010 from 315-316m;
- 1m @ 8,470ppm Mo in CMLCD010 from 393-394m.
Scale of alteration and mineralisation indicates a large-scale copper-molybdenum system.
The Company has two additional assets, the Las Petacas Project, located in the Atacama Fault System near the world-class Candelaria Mine. Historic exploration has identified significant surface mineralisation with numerous outcrops of high-grade copper mineralisation which provide multiple compelling exploration targets.
The Quelon Project located 240km north of Santiago and 20km north of the regional centre of Illapel, in the Province of Illapel, Region of Coquimbo. Historical artisanal mining has taken place within the Quelon Project area, but modern exploration in the project area is limited to rock chip sampling and geophysical surveys.
Level 48, 152-158 St Georges Terrace
PERTH WA 6000
Phone+61 (08) 6311 9160